Install with Shortcuts
1. Launch the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad. The Shortcuts App is free from Apple if you don’t already have it.
2. Tap the + icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap Add Action.
4. Use the text field to search for “Open App“.
5. Select Open App.
6. Tap Choose.
7. Once you have tapped Choose, search for the app you want to change the icon of, and select it. For this tutorial, we select “Alarmify”.
8. Tap the three dots in the top-right corner.
9. Tap Add to Home Screen.
10. Tap the placeholder app icon.
11. From the drop-down menu, select Choose Photo.
12. Select your replacement image from your installed app icon theme.
13. In the text field, rename the app as you want it to appear on the home screen.
14. Tap Add.
15. Tap Done. Your Shortcut has now been created.
16. Return to the home screen or last app page to see the new app shortcut with your custom icon.